Monday, August 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday - August 27

I did make a little progress this week on my design wall.  I got all the log cabin star blocks sewn into rows and the rows into a top.  Now I am auditioning some of my blues from the stash to add 4 small borders to the top and right side of the top.  Then I plan to put a small tan border all around the 4 sides followed by a larger dark blue final border.  That should make it large enough for a QOV quilt.  Wish me luck that I can get that accomplished this week which looks to be very busy with other activities that are demanding my time.  If you see the light on after midnight, that's me working on this quilt!!


Jump on over to see other design walls at Patchwork Times.




8 comments:

  1. I like the vertical blue border. Love the stars.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these slanted stars! Does this block have a name? The blue borders add great balance, too -- it's very appealing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like the setting of this quilt Dar! The red on the left and then blue on the right.... really cool! It fits with the skewed stars. It's going to make an amazing QOV quilt :*) I'll put on my cheerleader outfit and cheer you on, okay? But I'll have to wait until everyone goes to bed - I don't want anyone around here dying of laughter =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Love the red border on one side and blue on the other. My red and beige top is done. Laura and Jason got a dog Sunday, so I made her a sofa pad. Then, I quilt my red quilt for BTQG, then, I'm making a real dog bed for Minka, my new granddog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to sign as Anonymous as I don't have a blog - but my name is Jan. For the quilt you were trying to enlarge to see the pattern on another blog - do a Google search with the setting for Images, and type in Omigosh Quilt. Have fun, Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, Thanks for the tip and I will check it out. I'm glad you stopped by to visit and hope you will come back often. Dar

      Delete
  6. What a great QOV this is going to make. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how that is turning out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.