Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Some Updates

Several people have asked about what happened with the baby robins I was watching on my window ledge.  It so happened that the last pictures I got of them was their parents feeding them one morning before I left for the AQS show in Paducah.  When I returned 3 days later, they had fledged from the nest.  No good-byes, notes or anything!  I was disappointed not to see them take their first steps/flights.  I hope they all made it safely to the ground from the 2nd floor bedroom ledge. There  probably will be another family next year (if I leave that nest there again). :)  It's been home to two families in two years.

I also wanted to provide the name of the B & B picture I posted last week.  This was one of the most unique lodgings we stayed in during our bike trip on the Katy Trail.  It is the Rivercene Mansion B&B in Boonville, Missouri.  This house holds some great stories and was the feature of a documentary on PBC about the 1993 flood that hit the St. Louis and surrounding areas. 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that just like "kids" these days? They grow up and forget their elders! hehehe! Hopefully we'll get to see a new set of little ones next year :*)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.