Friday, March 10, 2017

On the Needles

I started another pair of socks and this time I'm learning to use a bamboo 9" circular for socks.  It is a 2.25mm and seems smaller than the same size as my dpns I normally use. Has anyone else used this circular 9" needle and if so, how did you like it?  I'm not sure my hand will be able to last knitting two socks using it.  My left hand starts to feel a little crampy after 3 or 4 rounds.  Maybe my hands are too large for holding something this small.  I do like how you don't have to worry about the needles falling out (as with dpns), but it is still to early to make a decision yet.


This yarn is a Premier yarn by Deborah Norville.  It is 50 % superwash Merino, 25% bamboo and 25% nylon.  The label color is Purple Spice.

Take a look at more knitting projects over on Judy's Patchwork Times.


4 comments:

  1. Looks nice maybe it will get easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what I do wrong, but using the 24" needles, I have managed to break both a #1 and #2. Maybe it was just the brand. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty yarn. I have some of the really short circulars for hat knitting and decided my hands are definitely to big to use them - they make my hands ache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty yarn. It does look like a very small ring to hang onto. I can see why your hand might start cramping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.