Saturday, January 7, 2017

Winners of the QOV Eastern Missouri Block Drive



I know, I'm a day late in announcing the winners from the QOV Block Drive. So sorry. I hope you will forgive me.  My only excuse is I was under the weather a day or two and just couldn't get my mojo moving to write out all the names on the slips of paper for the drawing and taking pictures of the prizes. I really think it was because my body was frozen from the cold temperatures we have been experiencing the last few days. Just can't get used to single digits. Hurry up Spring.

OK, I've written out 135 separate names on little slips of papers and the drawings are done.  Here are the winners.

$50 Gift Certificate - The Stencil Company 
Brenda K - MO


 Glide Thread -  Donated by Ann @ Attic Threads and Quilts  
   If you contact me quickly you can have your choice of color.    
  Lou C. - Troy, MO
Jennifer N. - IN
Cherie M. - IL


Kit w/pattern, beads and fabric - from Patch Abilities Inc.
Debbie T - MO



Two patterns from Kathy Schmitz - "Be Mine" and "Little Acorns"
Pat H. - FL



Fons and Porter Ergonomic Seam Ripper
SUE  B - MO



"Learn to Quilt" Kit includes a Friendship Star pattern, Easy Angle Ruler and Quilter's pins
Suzanne M - MO



6 Spools of Madeira Machine Embroidery Threads
Rose Marie C - MO


 Fabric Doll Kit with Accessories
Jeanne C - MO


Clover 45mm Yo Yo Maker 
Carol P - MO



 Connecting Threads - 1,200 yds/spool
Each of the following will receive a spool of  CT thread
Katie B , Jerry W, Coleen S, Barb S, Rita B 

I will be contacting those who have won a prize. Those that are local, I will call you and make arrangements to get your prize to you.  If you are out of state, please send me your address (if I don't already have it) and I will get these in the mail to you next week.

THANK YOU all again for the sewing up a storm with these blocks and for making this such a success.  Thank you again to Jan of thecolorfulfabriholic for the block design. Also, a SPECIAL THANK YOU goes out to the Perky Piecers in Troy, MO for the huge numbers of blocks they produced.  I have a special prize in mind for your group to be presented at one of your meetings. This is something that can't be sent through the mail. 

The real winners of this Block Drive are the Veterans who receive the quilts made from these blocks. We will now begin the task of putting together the tops and getting them quilted.  I've already finished one complete quilt with binding on it, so we are off to a good start. I feel it's a privilege to be able to honor our veterans in this way and I hope you feel the same. Many blessings to you and your family.






4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Dar, for organizing the block drive. I'm very gratified that my block design has been used by so many quilters for such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great prizes and I am thrilled to have won some Glide thread -I've heard great thing about it but haven't tried it yet. Any color will work for me - they are all great colors - thanks Dar! (And let me know if you need my address.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners! Hoping that you provide a few peeks of the finished quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad to have won some Glide thread as I've not tried it before, yay!! I'm okay with any of the colors, they will all work on scrap quilts :) Thanks for the effort you put into receiving the blocks and getting prizes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.