Friday, October 7, 2016

On and Off The Needles - Friday

Hooray.  I finally finished my first pair of Scrappy Patchwork socks, or as Carol would say, her Frankensocks!   They are so full of happy colors and will make my feet happy in cold weather.  Now to get started on another pair and see what colorful surprises will happen with the next pair. These are fun to make.  If you have leftover small swatches of yarn, give it a try.  It's very liberating, especially if you make a mistake, no one will know. lol


I have always wanted to learn the Magic Loop method of sock knitting, so I've started a pair of short socks with worsted weight yarn.  The pattern calls for Size #5 needles and with the heavy yarn, it should go a lot faster.  So far they are going pretty smoothly.  I'm thinking the heels may be where I will have any problems, IF I'm not careful. 


What's on your needles this beautiful Fall day?  Have you discovered any new techniques or patterns that you've been wanting to try.   Stop by Judy's Patchwork Times to see more knitting fun.


6 comments:

  1. It's easier than you think. I used knit purl hunters videos. Now to master two at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting on a pair of your knitted socks???? I will definitely be able to see you coming in those socks! Very colorful, and right in trend/style right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. The name is even fun. Love your Franensocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Frankensocks came out great!!!! Sorry it has taken me so long to comment...got way behind reading blogs. I love Magic Loop and it is the only way I knit socks anymore. It takes a little while to get use to it but I like it way better than DPN. Worsted weight should work up quickly... have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went to your link about the Bamboo Bloom cowl, and it said that post no longer exists. Do love your Frankensocks though; what a great way to use up odds and ends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.