Friday, July 15, 2016

OTN- Scrappy Socks

I finally got started on my first pair of scrappy socks and I'm loving how they are turning out.  It is such fun not knowing how the next small tidbit of yarn will work up.  Can't wait to finish this sock and begin it's partner.  Since I am a big fan of scrap quilts, this is right up my alley. This might turn into an addiction similar to fabric scraps, which has gotten out of control in my sewing room.  If this happens, just know Carol F that I will have to contact you to see if you have a cure.  lol


Sorry this picture is laying on it's side.  I. couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture within blogger after it was on the blog post.

Check out OTN at Patchwork Times today and see other knitted treats.

13 comments:

  1. That's a very cute sock! Don't you just love using up leftover sock yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee, glad you told us the picture is sideways because I thought that's a mighty big foot! What fun to use up scrap yarn. I assume you have to use all the same weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable sock Dar!!! I don't have enough yarn scraps in sock weight yet, but this is definitely a future project for me :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh! I see a new monster being created! Actually, I think it is a great idea to use up yarn like that! I am still waiting for a pair (ahem)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are looking good... I like that slip stitch variation... it is a nice design element. I warned you that scrap socks were addictive...LOL...just like scrap quilts... but so much fun!! happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I need more solid scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! How'd you do the yellow and orange rows or was it the yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these Dar! What is the pattern please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the colors! It would be hard not to smile while knitting that sock, the colors just say "happy".

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! And I didn't even realize it was on its side 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very neat! And thrifty of you! I love the look but I bet stitching the ends back into the knitting is a pain in the tush. Worth the effort though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am starting to get a collection of small balls...left over sock yarn. Eventually I will have to knit my own pair of patchwork socks! They look fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.