Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Finish & Fabric Report - Week 40

Another quilt is finished and crossed off my long list of UFOs.  I started Easy Street, Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt in November 2012. It is big (100" x 100") and it took forever to stitch the binding down on the back. My motivation was to finish so I could show it during Bonnie's visit when I attended her workshop last weekend here in St. Louis.  You know she does a 'Show and Share' session during her workshops, so I worked feverishly to get it done by then...well there were only a few binding clips hanging on it when they held it up to show. lol

I am renaming this  "Not So Easy Street" because it took a long time to complete.  Bonnie loves those little pieces and that give you more opportunities to mess up when it's me sewing them!  I do love the colors and the way it turned out.  The outter border is really a deep royal purple, not blue as it looks on my computer screen.
Easy Street 100" x 100"
I quilted the center with a panto and did separate designs in the inner and outer borders.
Borders
And the back--this is why it wasn't finished sooner.  I kept procrastinating about which fabrics to use for the backing.  I used almost 10 yds, but still have quite a lot left, which will go into my scraps.

Backing on Easy Street
Sorry it's a bit wavy in the picture. I used Hobbs 80/20 batting, so it's heavy and kept pleating as it was hanging.

My report only reflects what was used in the binding (1 yd), because all the other was accounted for earlier during the construction of the top and back.  But it is one less UFO and that makes me very happy.

Fabric Report - #40
Used this Week:  .1 yd for binding
Used year to Date:   103.25 yds
Added this Week:  0 yards 
Added Year to Date:  0 yards 
Net Used for 2015:  103.25 yards 

If you have time, drop by Judy's Patchwork Times to see other results for the week.


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish! I hate the little pieces, but love the way it turned out. Great back! And wonderful numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Sure does not look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Congratulations on finishing a big ol' UFO. How was the workshop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I didn't do that mystery and really wish I had, your version is gorgeous. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your Easy Street! Mine is quilted, but I am not too happy with some of the quilting, so I think I am going to rip (some of) it out and requilt those sections. I can't wait to finish mine up - and I agree with you on the name - it wasn't so easy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! That is beautiful! Love how you did the back for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Dar!!!! It's beautiful - and the back is almost as wonderful as the front :*) It truly was a bear of a project, wasn't it? I finished mine up to show Bonnie when she came to our guild just like you ... it's probably the only reason it is not still a UFO LOL!!! I love the quilt, but kept getting stalled on ALL THOSE PIECES :*) Love the purple for your border - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish! That is awesome you got to show Bonnie the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, but this is a great finish, Dar! You're right that Bonnie's mystery quilts are always huge. The only one I ever made - Roll Roll Cotton Boll - I gave away. Good for you to persevere through finishing this one. I think the colors are great! Are you using this quilt now?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.