Friday, September 4, 2015

On The Needles - Sept. 4, 2015

I am still working on my Rose City Roller little footie socks.  I went camping a few days last week and hoped to finish the whole pair, but there were too many other fun things to keep me busy.  I did finish one and started the 2nd.

Rose City Roller pattern - free on Ravelry
We went camping at Montauk State Park in southern Missouri.  It is a beautiful park and the Current River runs right through it and is known especially for trout fishing.  Close by we found a shop called "Rootin Tootin Alpaca Yarns which sells alpaca and many other yarns plus fabric!  Well you know I had to take time out from fishing and check it out.  I resisted buying fabric, but did buy a couple skeins of yarn. Unfortunately they were very low on the alpaca hand dyed and the colors available were dark and drab, so I didn't get any of those.  I bought a variegated Serenity which is superwash merino wool and bamboo in a color called "Purple Spice"  It looks more reddish than purple to me, but since there was purple in the name, I had to buy it. lol  She had lots of patterns, fabrics and notions.

Check out more knitting projects over at Judy's Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

  1. I like that sock, thanks for including the pattern name. What a great sounding store yarn and fabric!!
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sock looks great. I hate it when fun things get in the way of knitting. :) My sister in law gave me some alpaca yarn recently and I haven't decided what to make with it yet. It's fun to think about future projects. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sock and fun-sounding trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fun activities...camping and yarn shopping...rolled into one adventure! I like the footie. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip in the footie pattern....... Great way to use some of the leftover yarn from making socks.........

    Glad you had such fun...... We have always loved camping.......

    I plan to try the basic yarn pattern again but will go up to a size nine needle......... I am going to order the Kollage circular needle first because I want to use the square ones....

    Might just make the footies first.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are making progress. My Guy and I visited Montauk years ago. I remember it being such a quiet place with beautiful scenery. I don't remember there being much close to the park, but like I said it's been years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, take me camping with you! I love to camp. Your sock is so great. One day I am going to try to crochet some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These looks like they will be so comfy - the yarn is beautiful! Isn't it a downer when you go someplace new and they don't live up to expectation? Of course, your pocket book is probably glad they didn't have much in your colors LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.