Sunday, June 7, 2015

Fabric Report - Week 23

A busy week, but not for using my stash, I'm afraid.  There was nothing in or out.  That's not all bad though, it means I'm still batting 100% on NOT buying any fabric for the year.

Same numbers as last week.
Fabric Report -Week 23
Fabric Added - O
Fabric Used: O
Fabric Added YTD - O
Fabric Used YTD -  45.5 yds
Net used in 2015 - 45.5 yds

I did however get a few things done during the week. Finished reading a book entitled "Rena's Promise" by Rena Kornreich Gelissen co-authored with Heather Dune Macadam.  It is the true story of two sisters who survived Auschwitz for over 3 years and what they saw and endured to stay alive.  It was unbelievable what the human body and mind can endure and still live to tell about it. It hit so many different emotions in me, that I was exhausted when I finished it, but loved it.  It is a story that I will never forget.

My other task was to make chive vinegar.  Barb over at Cat Patches introduced me to this several years ago. Since I love chives and grow them on my patio, I started making it.  Last year my chive plant was not very big, so it only made a small amount. This year, the plant as doubled and there were enough blossoms to get twice as much. Still not much compared to Barb's standard amount, but I'm happy with what I got this time.  I love using it when making salad dressings. Whenever it calls for vinegar, I substitute this.  It has a slight oniony flavor and look at that beautiful purple color.  It will get a bit darker purple as it ages.  It makes for great gifts too for those gourmet cooks in your family.


I'm linking up with Patchwork Times.  Stop by and see what others have done this week. 

5 comments:

  1. It is amazing how a good book cuts into the quilting time, isn't it? I am reading one right now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to try the vinegar, but didn't find it at Barb's. Please help me. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read dozens (and dozens) of holocaust books over the years, but, I've not heard of that one. Is it new on the book market?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting book. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the sewing room and exercise a different part of our brain. Congrats on the nothing in for the year. That's an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a book that I would like to read. I enjoy reading about real people and their lives. I think we often take so much for granted these days. I've read a few similar books and you are right, they leave you spent, but you never forget them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.