Friday, March 13, 2015

Off The Needles - Friday, March 13th

The blue variegated socks using Knit Picks Stroll fingering are finished and off the needles.  These are just a plain pair, since I thought the yarn could do the all the design work.

Now to decide which yarn to start another pair.  Remember these two skeins I bought last year?  They are from The Loopy Ewe Legends - Judy's Favorite Quilt (green/purple/white) and Denise's "Mandarin Duck", both in fingering weight dyed by Lorna's Laces.  I love both of these and am not sure I want to start socks or make something else.  I only have one skein of each.  Has anyone used this yarn for other things besides socks - shawls, hats, scarfs,?  If so, please share what pattern you used. The yarns are both long color lengths of variegated and high contrasting colors. 


To catch up on other knitted projects, check out Patchwork Times. 

9 comments:

  1. nice finish on the socks! fun yarns for the next project. I made a scarfor daughter from sock yarn and liked the results you need know how those skeins are going to knit as to how the colors will come together or not.\Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue socks are beautiful. I have a mandarin duck skein, but haven't used it

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really rocking the sock-making lately. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue socks, they are such a pretty color. As a non-knitter, I can't help with your question, but I sure like the colors in both yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! Way to go girlfriend!!! Love them - they look so wearable LOL!!! Toes couldn't help but feel pampered when snuggled down into such loveliness :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty socks. You'll have to save them for next winters, right? Pretty soon you won't be needing to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! The yarn definitely does the work on those. I love all of the pretty colors that Knitpicks comes out with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.