I am off to a good start on my fabric management goals for 2015. I made 8 pillowcases from wild fabric that came to me as a surprise. Oh, I bought it, no surprise there, but didn't check closely what I was getting. The price was right and home it came with me, thinking this would be good for a backing or two on a wild and crazy quilt or a scrap quilt that needed a little punch. It was in a plastic bag and I could see the colors, but I didn't take it out to inspect it better. What a surprise I got later. I am now the proud owner of 40+ yards of flame orange/red/yellow with a black scroll design pre-cut into 27" lengths. Hello pillowcases. It will be a challenge to come up with enough different fabrics for the cuffs to make sewing them fun, but here are my first ones for the year.
That floral one is thrown in there to rest your eyes. Not really, it is one of two for a gift. I needed a break from all the orange and black.
Fabric Added - zero
Fabric Used - 8 yards
YTD Added - 0
YTD Aused - 8 yards
Net Used - 8 yards
You can hop on over to Patchwork Times to see other fabric starts for the year.