Friday, May 9, 2014

On the Needles - May 9, 2014

It seems like forever since I've posted anything.  Since that time I've been to the AQS show in Paducah for 4 days and a visit to a good friend in Alabama.  She took us to one location of the world famous Blue Bell Ice Cream Creameries and other fun places.  Since returning from my travels, I haven't had a lot of time for knitting or quilting, but here is what's on my needles.

A few more inches were done on my House of Targaryan socks that I started in April, before I ran into trouble.  I lost one of the needles out of the stitches and couldn't get my pattern back on the needle correctly.  This set me back a week until I found someone to rescue me.  I have to concentrate and pay attention to what I'm doing on the pattern row. Hopefully that will improve if I can sit and knit for longer periods of time and not so far between knitting sessions. :)



On my circular needles is the Faux Mobiius Cowl also started in April.   It's about three-fourths done and I can talk, walk and chew gum while knitting this one!   I've gone through all the colors in the yarn once and am starting on the first color again.  I think it's turning out pretty nice.  


What have you been up to lately?  Is it too hot in your area for knitting now and maybe you've put it away for the summer.  I hope to knit all through summer because most places are so air conditioned that it feels like winter inside sometimes.  It's also very relaxing to me and I am really enjoying doing socks.

I'm linking up with OTN over at Judy's Patchwork Times, so stop on by and see what others have on their needles.








9 comments:

  1. Your socks and colorful shawl are coming along very nicely Dar!!! I haven't blogged either - way too much going on in my life right now to find the time and energy :) Hoping to get a post out this weekend. Knitting is very relaxing for me too, so you can betcha I'll be knitting all summer long in my air-conditioned house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make that pattern look so easy I tried the K3tog and gave up. Maybe a little wine before I start that stitch patten would loosen me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your projects are great. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your sock pattern. I'm not good at getting my needle back into the stitches if it comes out (or is pulled out!!) The colors in your shawl are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sock! I will have to look up the pattern. Is that Knit Picks Thirst Heather sock yarn? I used that recently.

    Cowl is pretty too. What yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sock pattern is a free one on Ravelry (House of Targaryan socks) and the yarn is from Knit Picks - Stroll Tweed in Thirst Heather. The yarn on the cowl is from JoAnns and it's called Rainbow Bouclé using size 7 or 8 needles. Here is my post that tells more about it with pictures of the label.

      http://www.darspatchworkgarden.blogspot.com/2014/04/on-and-off-needles-april-18-2014.html

      Delete
  6. That reminds me my House of T socks got put away somewhere - I've got part of the second one to finish. Love the colors in your cowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. I'm looking forward to finishing my first sock with this pattern.

      Delete
  7. I'm a good friend in Alabama and I don't remember seeing you! :-) Your knitting projects are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.