Being snowed in (with freezing temps from -9 to zero the last couple of days), afforded me some time to finish my 3S shawl Here is a picture before blocking.
I've never blocked anything before, so wasn't sure if I was doing it right. Before blocking it measured 13 inches from center neckline to point tip. I put it in warm water with a drop of Synthropol for a few minutes, then rinsed twice and gently squeezed out excess water. Then layed it on a towel on top of my ironing board to dry. I pinned it in a few places, at the tips and a few along the diagonal. When wet, it measured 16 inches from neck to bottom point.
|3S Shawl After blocking|
I decided on the picot treatment for the edge and I like the way it looks. Having said that, I won't be doing many picots anytime soon though. It was very slow and tedious and my stitches kept slipping off the needles.
|Picot Edges on 3S Shawl|
I'm proud of myself for finishing my first knitted garment. Now I'm going to try socks, which is what I've wanted to make forever. Oh my! Look at all these needles. It reminds me of the Pick Up Sticks game I used to play when I was a kid.
The yarn I'm using was a gift from a knitter who has a big stash on hand, and it didn't have any information as to content or yardage. It had no label of any kind. She assured me there was enough there to make a pair of socks. I've started them 3 times and each time I run into another problem and lose my way trying to figure out how to correct it. Guess I'm learning, but it's a bit frustrating. Maybe by the time I finish one sock, the next one will be much easier. We'll see.
I'm linking up with On The Needles over at Patchwork Times. Take a few minutes and see what others are up to.