Monday, October 14, 2013

Design Wall - Oct. 14

Happy Columbus Day!!   Hope you are enjoying the time off by playing in your sewing room.  My design wall has not changed much since last week.  I'm still working on the applique on the liturgical quilt.  But I did finish quilting a couple other quilts for friends.

The first one is a cute pattern that was real popular several years ago.  I've seen it made up in soft colors for a baby quilt; in bright, bold hot pinks and lime greens for a wild child and now the trend is in Halloween fabrics.  It is cute no matter what fabrics are used.
A Buggy Barn Pattern
A close up of the quilting.  This was a fun to quilt.


This was another recent quilt that I thought was unique. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the pattern. Edited: I talked to Carol who made it and the name of the pattern is "Check It Out" by Maple Island Quilts.

It's quilted with variegated thread (YLI Great Barrier Reef)  in the same colors as the bold colors of the big squares. I'm not sure if you can see it very well in this picture.

I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday.  Check out more design walls there.

.

9 comments:

  1. I love your quilts. What bright happy colors. I know a little girl that would love a kitty quilt just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em both but especially the cats!! ADORABLE for Halloween!! Must make one one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cats! pattern is on my to do list

    ReplyDelete
  4. A candy corn kitty and his pals -- great design! I like the b/w/bright boxes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that cat pattern!!! Finally I found the book that has it in there and I hope to make it someday soon :*) Not in halloween fabrics, but my own bright, happy fabrics! You did a wonderful job quilting both of these. Thanks for sharing both fun quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Dar! You have been busy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dar....so glad you stopped by for Design Wall Monday. Your 'Cat' Quilt is so neat and the fabrics are fantastic with the Halloween theme and colors. I have to say though that my favorite on this post is the unnamed big squares. Love the design and interlocking look...very nice. This week was my first time on Design Wall Monday, and I really enjoyed all the blogs I visited. I'm a new follower of yours and look forward to visiting again...afterall, we 'Back Scrapper DNA Sistas' must have each others backs. See you again soon.
    Sue CollectInTexas BlogShop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love those colorful cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you quilted the cat quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.