Monday, October 7, 2013

Design Wall Monday 10/7/13

Here's part of my design wall today.  These is an old, old UFO that I was experimenting with to learn how to do reverse applique.  I used my own hand-dyed fabric.  The blocks still have the 2nd contrasting piece of fabric behind the top one and they are not very well done, but I can't throw them away. I'd like to something with them and not have to make any more.  Maybe I should just add these to my orphan box with other partly finished things and incorporate all of the orphans into a backing for a scrappy top. Any ideas you might have would be welcomed.

Reverse applique schoolhouse blocks
The other design wall has the liturgical piece on it.  I'm working on the applique section and it still needs some tweeking, but here's a peek.

Drop on by Patchwork Times to see more design walls today.



7 comments:

  1. Dar those hand dyed fabrics are amazing! I am thinking you need to teach me how to do that! I think these 4 blocks would make a really cool pillow? I KNEW you would be able to get that cross and heart right on the liturgical quilt! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orphans are so cute! Why not make a cute little wallhanging? Love your liturgical piece and the center design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your liturgical piece is just beautiful. Is this your own design? And I was going to suggest a pillow for your cute house blocks, too. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new projects look like fun, Dar! One day, I want to learn reverse applique and do my own molas. Hugs, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your liturgical quilt just keeps getting better and better! Will you hang it at home? Or in a church?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your liturgical piece is almost done! Its gorgeous!!! Can you use the house blocks as a center block for a One-Woman Round Robin??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.