Friday, March 15, 2013

On the Needles and QOV

I've been slow in getting anything new on the knitting needles, but I still have a couple balls of yarn that I wanted to use up.  Since my knitting expertise is very limited, I am still having fun with scarves. This one is a pretty variegated teal blue and will be a gift to a friend.


This week has also found me working on more QOV quilts.  I recently received quilted ones that need bindings attached.  This one is now ready for hand stitching the binding to the back.
And not to forget about the kids pillowcases, here's one more to add to the growing stack.  This is #20 so far.
There is a quilt show this weekend that I plan to check out and the warmer weather is calling me to play in the dirt. There are just too many temptations to distract me, which is not hard to do -- but I need to focus on getting some quilting finished.  It's a good thing I'm a night owl, cause when I play all day, I have to "catch up" at night while others sleep.  So what have you been up to this week?  

To see what others have been doing on the knitting front, go to Judy's here.

7 comments:

  1. I have been tempted by other things also Dar! I did get my rose garden cleaned up for this year today with the nicer weather. I promise I will have some QOV items ready for you soon. Perhaps I will see you at the quilt show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scarf. I made a couple of those for Christmas gifts. I keep wanting to make pillow cases and just don't get it done. Not enough time for all the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in the scarf. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool stuff!! You sure have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf. I'm considering making one of those too. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarf is looking gorgeous Dar! A friend made one for me in purple and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no sewing at night for me. I need my 8 hrs. so when spring comes I am out in the yard too. I might work on some hand work while watching TV to keep my hands busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.