Friday, November 2, 2012

What Have I Been Up To??

Well, here's a short list of what's been keeping me busy this week.  First off, finished two more pillowcases - one for the kids at Children's Hospital and one for QOV.











Then on Wednesday, we set a record at our monthly Quilts of Valor meeting.  We had 129 ladies come and sew all day.  We have now presented 987 quilts to our Veterans since this group first got together.  It has sure grown in 7 or 8 years of existence.  I was so busy sewing on bindings as they were being finished and taken off the quilting frames, that I forgot to take pictures of our finished ones for the day.  We completed a bunch.  I was pooped when I got home and had to take a nap.!

Next I finished quilting a couple customer quilts that have been waiting patiently for attention --




I quilted this with hot pink thread using a pantograph called Featheration.  My customer was pleased with the thread choice because her granddaughter just loves the color -- hot pink. 

I also baked 6 dozen cookies, but didn't take pictures of those !  Instead they were taste tested by friends and DH and have vanished very quickly.  I tried a new recipe for one batch Peanut Butter, chocolate chips, oatmeal cookies.  I love them and they must be healthy because they have oatmeal in them, right?  I'll put the recipe on my 'recipe page' if you are interested in trying them.  They are yummy.

That about brings me up to speed for the week.  Hope you are having a fun and productive week too.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those in Hurricane Sandy's path and hope that they are getting their lives put back together.


6 comments:

  1. Ooooo - some pretty quilts on your blog today :*) Love your fun pillow cases too! It's good to see that there is still so much interest in supporting our military in the quilt community. Our efforts could not be better utilized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute and fun pillowcases and good causes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you HAVE been busy! Love the pillowcases. And the customer quilts are great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts, Dar and yes! I'd like that recipe please. Thanks for linking up to Applique Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.