Monday, July 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday - July 9, 2012

Well my design wall is so full of "stuff" I don't know where to begin.   First off is the pieced border that I'm creating with my leftover pieces to go around my Winter Friendship Stars top that I worked on at a retreat earlier this year. I think I've decided to go with this border, if I can get it to fit.

Then I decided I need to get a backing put together for my Blueberries and Cream top that I just finished.  So I pulled out my odd blocks box. Now I'm struggling with deciding if I should use up these old orphan blocks that have blue and white in them. Some were blocks given to me because someone else didn't know what to do with them, and some are leftover blocks that weren't quite the right colors for this quilt, but I couldn't refuse them plus some odds and ends that happen to be made with blues and white.  Maybe I should just forget this plan and pull some bigger pieces of blues that work with the colors on the front.  Decisions, decisions.  This takes more time than piecing the tops! ha.   There are several other ongoing projects on the wall that are out-of-site.  I really need to get some of these things finished up so I can start with a clean, fresh design wall.
Maybe I'll sleep on this a bit and let it percolate and see if anything else comes to mind.  If you have any ideas, let me hear them.  I'm always open to suggestions.

Drop on over to Judy's Patchwork Times to see other design walls.



7 comments:

  1. I like setting the Jacobs ladder blocks to form an X and then put the Bear Paw and pinwheel as a surprise in the mix. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a lot going on there! It all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar,
    Did you say a clean, fresh design wall?? LOL!! We are quilters, Dar, that just almost never happens. LOL!
    Bev/Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you an email with my suggestion. The Blueberry Quilt is lovely, and I am really enjoying your blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pieced backs and would probably stick with the blocks even if they don't match the front, I mean really how often will the front and back be seen at the same time together ? :) But I do know what you mean about having the back match! Decisions, decisions! I'm intrigued by your border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blocks that you have and I bet your letting it sit overnight gave you time to think over what you like best. That usually does the trick for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great backing for your beautiful blueberries and cream quilt top! Those blues look to me like they all blend nicely. I've had a quick look-see around your blog....I'll be keeping my eye on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.